Nini Designs: Friend to Friend *updated*
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Nini

Nini
Hi & welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy my creations as much as I love sharing them with you! Bless your ♥ for stopping by! ~ Nini xoxo

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Friend to Friend *updated*

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for sending me such sweet comments on my first blog post! Muahhh :)

Well, Quickutz has these really awesome ready to assemble card kits! Perfect for those last minute cards! Lori Whitlock has done a fabulous job designing these neat kits and of course I love all of her other cutting files (she's my favorite designer)! I hope she'll have more in store for the Silhouette fans out there!

Below is just one of the four kits they released last week...
...and here's what I came up with, unfortunately I couldn't add the final layer onto my butterfly since I used AC Cardstock (which is really thick by the way) so it gets a little tougher to cut out the finer details when working with the Silhouette SD machine (unless I'm doing it all wrong *lol*).

**Found a solution for intricate cuts; double cutting works like magic! Don't unload your mat after the first cut keep it in there and simply recut!**

You really should not go by the book with these kits you can "re-create" your own unique cards in whichever way or style you want! These kits are great because they basically give you an idea and the necessary supplies you need to put together a card when you're short on time or heck even short on inspiration!
Thanks for looking! ~ Nini :)

CARDSTOCK: American Crafts AC Heavyweight Cardstock Tropicals, Brights & Earth Tone - STAMPS: Stampin' Up Pocket Silhouettes - INK: Stampin' Up Classic Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Stampendous Detail White Embossing Powder (opaque) OTHER: Silhouette Digital Cutting File: card_kit_friend_C00311_20509, Basic Grey Brad, 

7 comments:

  1. Love the color combo and the AC cardstock adds that slight texture onto your die-cut which looks great! Such a pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog! Awesome work! I love seeing my designs put to good use. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Lori are you for real... I think I'm going to pass out hihihi wow THANK YOU from the bottom of my ♥ for your sweet comments! I love your cutting files to pieces, you're my favorite designer for the Silhouette! Your files naturally inspire me! :) ~ Nini xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Lori.. again thank you for creating such fabulous files! :)

    ReplyDelete


Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio
© 2010 nini designs. all rights reserved. karma is real, don't steal.